TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Teach Legally in China
#1 Parent Turino - 2010-04-21
Re: Teach Legally in China

Each year my school and I have to renew my Resident Permit and Foreign Expert Certificate. It takes about 2 weeks. We do it in China. When I get to the school in August, I am on a L-Visa (Tourist). At the end of the 2 weeks I have my Z-Visa, my RP and FEC.

Save yourself time and money. Sign up for another year just before your contract terminates. Then visit your local PSB office with your FAO. And get THEM to issue you with a single-entry Z visa! After having vacationed abroad, you can re-enter mainland on that Z visa!

#2 Parent Halapo - 2010-04-21
Re: Teach Legally in China

Each year my school and I have to renew my Resident Permit and Foreign Expert Certificate. It takes about 2 weeks. We do it in China. When I get to the school in August, I am on a L-Visa (Tourist). At the end of the 2 weeks I have my Z-Visa, my RP and FEC.

They don't ask me to teach, but I am in the school a week before schools start to get the paper work started. My class's start once the paperwork is done. My monthly paycheck starts from the first day I get to the school however.

The paper work is done faster, and done locally, so the school can check up on it and if need be use some personal connections ( they way Chinese people like to do things ). For most schools,I would think, there is no plan to do things illegally.

I would caution, you have to trust the school a lot on this. I had reliable, personal info about this job, so I didn't feel I was taking a risk, but I still had enough for airfare home.

But, If you are new, you should know that without 2 years teaching experience, you can't get a FOE, no matter what your school says. This is an old rule/law, but it is being strongly enforced now. Obviously teachers with Education/Language BA's, or Teaching degree's wont need the 2 years experience.

Return to Index › Re: Teach Legally in China

Go to another board -