TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Rin - 2010-05-08
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion

so he's happy that Angelina found him a teaching job in which he can teach adequately for a salary on the low side despite his not at least having a degree in basketry!

HA-HA! Love it!!

I totally agree though. For me, someone without a degree also, it is a little harder to get a really well paid job in a decent school. Though, what I can get work wise in China is a whole lot better than I can get back home in the UK!! Therefore, I am happy to take a little lower salary for 16 teaching hours a week, plenty of holiday and the experience of living and teaching in China. :)

I could, on the other hand by the sounds of it, buy myself a shiny new degree in basketry if I wanted to!

#2 Parent Goosander - 2010-05-07
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion

Yes, they are full of s***t!
And they are a waste of time and money!

I dunno what you mean by Angelina's Cafe being a waste of money! But what I was told by an FT placed by 'Angelina' in a public school on one occasion in the last couple of years was that she allowed him to be offered a relatively lousy deal by a rather stingy Chinese employer who subsequently asked him to deny being at that school in order to defraud her by swerving the introduction fee. It's worth adding that the FT had no university degree of any kind, making him an attractive target for employers out to pay him a low salary on account of that. He reckoned Angelina is a recruiter good at placing foreigners like him in schools looking to pay basement salaries. But I agree with what he also said, namely that a job's better than no job, so he's happy that Angelina found him a teaching job in which he can teach adequately for a salary on the low side despite his not at least having a degree in basketry!

Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -