TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Ongoing degree holder bashing
#1 Parent Mediator - 2010-05-17
Re: Ongoing bashing, advice for the besieged!

O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

The above line of a Robert Burns poem, (and its translation below), may well be relevant to this thread:

O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others see us.

#2 Parent rubbishman - 2010-05-17
Re: Ongoing degree holder bashing

To me, your reply to my post is further evidence that you are out of touch with reality in regard to education. You seem to have little commonsense for someone who regards himself to be well educated. So you would employ a teacher with an education degree and no experience, but you would ignore the teacher with 20 years experience and no degree? That is is just absurd, and a very, very strange mindset to have.

I live in the real world Turnoi, and I have met several "well educated" people who were very lousy teachers. Their degrees were totally useless for their chosen field, teaching that is, even if they had teaching degrees. Another thing I find offensive is the way you like to slag off oral English teachers, as if our efforts are useless and in vain. I only teach oral and written English, I am good at it, and I am in no way ashamed of my teaching job.

Try teaching an oral English class with 120 or 130 students Turnoi, I bet you could not do it. A degree can't teach anyone this skill, it is only achieved through trial and error and experience. Why don't you try to answer a question in a serious manner, instead of responding with that flowery rhetoric and wannabe intellectual nonsense everytime.

Return to Index › Re: Ongoing degree holder bashing

Go to another board -