TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: ESL "community"
#1 Parent Crapophobe - 2010-05-19
Re: ESL "community"

The word 'crap': I am also soooooooo tired of reading it. Scatology is OK as pepper in a recipe. It's OK in small doses, here and there. It's OK for adolescents. But in EVERY POST, pleeeeeeeeease, try to at least find synonymous, Turnoi. Please.

#2 Parent M G - 2010-05-18
Re: ESL "community"

What I realise is that it is a decadent business to the extent that people even dare to discuss openly the use of fake degrees with the purpose of deceiving and their cheating their Chinese employers and to get a higher salary or a better job in public education.

Of course, we shouldn't forget that the Chinese employers are soooo very honest that they definitely don't deserve to be cheated.
Neither should we forget that the teaching of oral English can never be done well by teachers without at least bachelor's degrees.
And it's equally true that FT's who have taught here for 6 years need to return home for 2 years to brush up their English, as per the official regulations.

I think you'll find there's decadence on all sides, the employers, the ESL community, and the Chinese FAO.

It's total crap and a bottom-of-the barrel level.

The ESL "community" is total crap means I must be too, as I'm amember of it. It's a good thing for you that I'm thick-skinned despite my decadence!

By the way, it was never a community - in the main, a bunch of self-serving foreigners from all walks of life.
Finally, can I ask you to refrain from using the word 'crap'? I wince whenever I see it. Not a word used by most degreed teachers, I can assure you.

Return to Index › Re: ESL "community"

Go to another board -