TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: I graduated UNI, but owe money, so they have not given me my diploma, what should I do for jobs?
#1 Parent Oldtimer - 2010-06-03
Re: I graduated UNI, but owe money, so they have not given me my diploma, what should I do for jobs?

I think you are nitpicking. It should be clear to everybody what the OP is referring to - his degree document for the BA.

If I were an employer, and a jobseeker sent me his resume, and a covering letter of introduction, in which he said his university diploma was one of the e-mail attachments, I wouldn't think much of it. When it comes to job applications, I think it is necessary to be precise with regard to academic qualifications in order to create a favourable impression. So, I must refute your suggestion that I'm nitpicking.

So, why do you think it is necessary to be so unfriendly to the OP?

I have replied to the OP re the above.

Old goat, he!

I recall that you yourself admitted on this very board that you were an old goat. Then, after the actual meaning of the idiom was pointed out to you by me in a subsequent post, you got my post deleted! That was my reward for improving your English, anyway, no matter! But unlike you, I don't mind being called an old goat. I'm not on this earth to be liked at the expense of keeping my views secret!

Return to Index › Re: I graduated UNI, but owe money, so they have not given me my diploma, what should I do for jobs?

Go to another board -