TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Shenzhen and A-Level courses
Justin - 2010-06-07
Shenzhen and A-Level courses

I've received a job offer from a school in Shenzhen. I applied for both ESL teaching and Math/Physics teaching positions and was accepted for the Math/Physics one. It's teaching "A-Level" courses. From what I understand, it's to prepare students for studying at universities abroad (all courses taught in English, for example). Have any of you had any experience teaching these types of courses? I'm curious about them.

Secondly, the location is Shenzhen and the monthly salary is 7000元 per month PLUS 4000元 per month for teaching A-Level courses (for a total of 11000 per month), provided apartment, 400元 per month for food, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot find any cost of living information about this place. Do any of you know how expensive the city is? I know it's very close to Hong Kong so I'm thinking it is probably pretty expensive.

One last question: how much electricity do you typically use in a month? The school will pay for up to 650 kw-hours per month and above that it is 0.80元 per kw-hour. I'm not sure if that's sufficient.

Thanks!

Justin

Return to Index › Shenzhen and A-Level courses

Go to another board -