TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Shenzhen and A-Level courses
#1 Parent Justin - 2010-06-08
Re: Shenzhen and A-Level courses

I will try to keep that in mind and will ask their representative for particulars regarding that. I do know that my course will have a native Chinese speaker as an assistant; how useful they will be is another thing entirely. Since I won't be teaching them English, perhaps I can speak with the English teachers to have mathematical and scientific terminology taught early in the year. Beyond that, mathematics is a universal language. On the other hand... there is ALOT of terminology. From what I can gather from their web page, these children are taught in English from grade 1-12 using international standards. What the reality is, I couldn't say. They did mention that they use Cambridge International Examinations (although for what, I don't know because I don't really understand all that CIE is... which I will look up right now).

On the other hand, it's hard to describe the professional way that I have been treated by their representative. I really couldn't have asked for more, in this regard. Nothing has been shady, everything has been accounted for, every i dotted, and every t crossed. She often replies to my questions within hours, there is always a clear answer, etc.

Thanks for the tips, Cunning, I'll put them into use.

Justin

ps - If you noticed a similar post previously, it's because I deleted it since it had a link to the school in it. While so far I'm amazed at how well this school is run, I will save high praises for when I'm actually working there. September is a long ways off and I don't want someone to steal my job, haha.

Return to Index › Re: Shenzhen and A-Level courses

Go to another board -