TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo
#1 Parent Nick Pellatt - 2010-06-25
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Thanks for that balanced reply Cunning Linguist, and also Turnoi for your last post offering me some advice too!

I am in agreement with most of the points raised, and perhaps its time to put this thread to bed really! Im sure not all Uni teaching is not the bleak picture I tried to paint, just as all training centres are not the bleak picture some have tried to suggest here. Im sure the Uni work that the members have here suits their needs quite well, just as Omeida suited my needs this year.

Turnoi, I completed my Trinity course late 2008, and I knew that Omeida would be a good place for me to try and implement the teaching approach that I learned in a fairly safe, stress free environment. Granted, it isnt the perfect place, but it was perfect for me for that stage in my development, and for this reason ... Im sure it would be equally perfect for others in a similar position to me. What Ive tried to show here is that it isnt anywhere near as bad as some might claim, and actually offers some advantages depending upon the individual need. Wages are paid on time, interference from the education department is low, and clear communications with the administrators is high.

At the time of writing I have job offers from two places in the EU, one of which offers the opportunity for me to get involved in FCE, CAE, and in-company business English classes.Im pretty sure this will be the next step for me as it would appear to offer me the type of environment and learning curve I need for the next step of my development. Im not going to name the employer for fear that I will suffer a further onslaught! I will post a review of this new job after a few months, should I take it though.

Regards

Return to Index › Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Go to another board -