TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Another fake academic and university exposed
#1 Parent englishgibson - 2010-07-09
Re: Another fake academic and university exposed

a highly interesting topic/story out of the link...and, yes, we've discussed this topic before. i myself am quite devided on what to think of such practices as some local employment offers are just so ridiculous..but if one gets to manage a large company and/or make some decisions that may make a difference in peoples lives, i'd say it's dispicable to lie.
out of the link

In response to the furore, Caixin magazine reported on Wednesday that recipients of degrees from these institutions are awarded their diplomas without attending any classes.
The magazine also managed to obtain a list of some Chinese who graduated from Pacific Western University, which it published online.
The list shows that a number of the Chinese "elite" received Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degrees from the same institution, including officials, enterprise executives, lawyers and judges.
quite troubling, isn't it?
out of the link that apparently follows the above
By Wednesday afternoon, about 63 percent of 7,848 respondents to an online survey on sohu.com said they consider a person's abilities to be of greater importance than their academic credentials, while only 2 percent thought the otherwise.
i wonder if the online respondents came just after the magazine's report which looks like they did, didn't they?

cheers and beers our abilities

Return to Index › Re: Another fake academic and university exposed

Go to another board -