TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Native English teachersVs Non-native English teachers,Boomerang. - ESL discussion
#1 Parent Felix - 2005-04-01
maybe but the core 's still untouched. - ESL discussion

Attempting to write is already an indication of your boldness but answers to those riddles are still elusive.Keep writing,i enjoy reading ESL discussion stuff.

#2 Parent Mike B. - 2005-03-28
Is this why? - ESL discussion

Critics are asserting and maintaining that this very old language can only be taught by native speakers

Could I be so bold as to suggest these critics are probably native-speaking teachers who aren't satisfied with the job or salary they have and are looking for a more protectionist market place in which to peddle their skills?

Good students learn, despite their teacher.

Felix - 2005-03-27
Native English teachersVs Non-native English teachers,Boomerang. - ESL discussion

While the English language has an incontestable and legitimate claim to its popularity as the most widely taught and spoken language around the world,the right to its instruction has unavoidably been a subject of controversial misunderstanding.Critics are asserting and maintaining that this very old language can only be taught by native speakers.Wherever there is a flaw in the assimilation of the language,the non-native English instructor is singled out and accused of incompetence and distortion of the language.My questions to these critics and chattering classes are:Which non-native English speaking country in the world today can native English speaking countries boastfully claim to have successfully taught the English language and the citizens of that country are able to command the language to the satisfaction of native speakers? If they are able to cite a successful case,why then can't the true values of English teachers from that country be honestly recognized?If on the other hand, they are unable to cite a case in point,where do we level criticisms of flaw in the English language?

Return to Index › Native English teachersVs Non-native English teachers,Boomerang. - ESL discussion

Go to another board -