TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Certification
#1 Parent Justin P. - 2010-08-08
Re: Certification

I have 3 books on the way from your list; the others I was unable to find or they were simply too expensive (some very much so, I don't know why). I'll read two when they arrive and save the third for the 20 hours of flying I'll be doing on my way to China.

I did want to follow up on the certification; I've just completed unit 10 of 20 from the course offered by tesolonline.com (which I understand is owned by a company that runs MANY such websites). I think I've learned quite a bit already, which I didn't know before, especially in regards to specific grammar terms and teaching methods. I would say that it would be worth it for someone that has never taught before (although compared to the price of a good book, perhaps too expensive). My tutor gives great feedback. The lessons are kind of bland but... well... it's hard to keep a concise lesson about grammar interesting. I couldn't say whether it's worth the price-tag but at least I'm learning something. I was afraid that the material would have no substance and basically be a "give me money, I give you certificate" type operation. That's not the case.

Justin P.

Return to Index › Re: Certification

Go to another board -