TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Leaving in a week...
#1 Parent Alain76 - 2010-08-22
Re: Leaving in a week...

Indeed. Forewarned is forearmed. Going there with just 700 rmb seems lunacy to me.

I'd go with a credit card that could be used to buy a flight ticket home, or even better open round trip ticket with flexible dates, should the shit hit the fan.

Also bear in mind it may be one month before you get anything resembling a salary, and 700 won't last you at all, not if you want anything like a western quality of life.

But, I admire your sense of adventure. good luck and colds!

#2 Parent Justin P. - 2010-08-22

Yes, I feel it is risky. I don't like it. I do have friends that could give me a floor to sleep on as my visa allows for 60 days in China; I could also spend 30 days in Hong Kong although that would likely be very expensive. If it all goes sour, I can probably find a job in that time. If not, I will simply fly back home.

#3 Parent Migrant Worker - 2010-08-22

Sounds very risky... but then again... I did the same thing with just a little more money. I have been in China for quite a while and reading your post, many alarms are certainly going off. But there are people there you trust, the problem is... they aren't the ones giving you the job and the visa. I would suggest you have an exit or back-up plan for another job.

Don't let yourself get caught.

Return to Index › Re: Leaving in a week...

Go to another board -