TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: School in Changhcun, Jilin
#1 Parent al76 - 2010-08-31
Re: School in Changhcun, Jilin

@SB, I sense a lot of china directed frustration in your post, but I do agree with all but one part of what you wrote.

IMO, if an FT is having a relationship with a student in their early to late twenties at the school then that is none of the schools business.

Would that work the same in Australia or the UK or any other commonwealth country with a similar education system and rules. Let's say you are a college lecturer in the UK for example. I am pretty sure noone could do anything about this on an ethical and moral level. But then let's say some complaints are made because it's unfair that said student receives better grades.

A teacher has a relationship with his students, just like a doctor and patients. Noone is saying don't have a gf, just I prefer to follow the old adages "Don't piss in your own swimming pool" or "Don't shit in your own backyard".

I'm not against you, I'm just curious why you always seem so defensive on this one point. If they are employing you, paying you, providing you with free accomodation & utilities and a working visa, then don't they have a right to make their own rules? I'm talking about government places here, btw, not scumbag strong arming training centre hellholes:)

Cheers and cold ningbo beers in this late summer heat:)
A

Return to Index › Re: School in Changhcun, Jilin

Go to another board -