TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: School in Changhcun, Jilin
#1 Parent Ivan Milat Ukrainian Ruler - 2010-09-02
Re: School in Changhcun, Jilin

No, a public university does not have the right to control me just because they pay me and give me free accommodation and utilities.

I didn't say they have the right to control you. My workplace doesn't control me, I have a woman and come and go pretty much as I please. If the seccer's have a problem with that, then screw them, I'd really give them something to gossip about!! The college does have the right to request that if you want a girlfriend you just choose one who is not a student of your workplace. And you know what? These same teachers whinging about being controlled, would also whinge if they were off campus in a place with no A/C, forced to pay the bills, and no internet. I won't whinge about my current gig, as I have 24/7 high speed internet, new computer in apartment and in office, international call allowance, no bills, and a great foreign affairs assistant who gets things resolved speedily, and speaks great english. Contrasted with my last gig where i was living off campus, paying everything from hidden management and water fees, and had noone to go to about getting things done/repaired, this gig is paradise.

If the price I have to pay for that is not being allowed to perv over a 20 year old student, then so be it. At 34 I am not into girls in their 20s anyway, I prefer a woman, not a girl, but horses for courses.

I am involved with a 28 year old post graduate student at my uni, she is not an English student, I have nothing to do with her academically in any way. So is someone going to tell me that this is immoral?

I'm not saying it's immoral. But as a teacher, and certainly a FT, you represent your respective country. Chinese as we know and have discussed at length, do gossip about and make judgements about us, a real bunch of curtain twitchers...I'd rather give them nothing to fuel the fire with, by keeping my personal life separate and off campus. Makes it easier don't you think? But I'm a pretty solitary person anyway, so again, nothing against you, each to his own and all that.

Here's to ya getting jiggy with your 28 old. All the best of Irish to ya!

Return to Index › Re: School in Changhcun, Jilin

Go to another board -