TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › EWHA Korean School Qingdao
#1 Parent Nick Pellatt - 2010-09-09
Re: EWHA Korean School Qingdao

They refused an offer for me to come as a tourist and get a Z visa in China

American Teacher - I have copied the above from your last post. Thank you for sharing this as this shows how straight up this school is. With the exception of a few schools and provinces, the Z visa/RP cannot be issued in country, so refusing this offer is a big plus for this employer as it shows they were pretty honest and genuine in their offer to you.

Thanks for the heads-up

NP

#2 Parent American Teacher - 2010-09-03
(Message Deleted by Poster)
#3 Parent Phamm10 - 2010-09-03

Hi, Currently I am employed at EWHA Korean School Qingdao. I have lived and worked in China for nearly 4 years. I have taught in several language schools, I have been a DOS, I have taught many other subjects not just English, through out China and other Asian countries I also have a Chinese partner.
Initially I was a senior school subject teacher in Australia for 15 years.
Living and teaching in China is an ultimate challenge everyday something new and interesting happens this is even before you get to work.
Working in China is also a great challenge dealing with language and culture differences on a daily basis. However I would not be anywhere else in the world.
Its a great life; EWHA is situated in one of the best cities in China.
Sure, the school has problems, just like most schools. At EWHA we are dealing with three different cultures Korean, Chinese and Western, this present s many issues that have to be constantly resolved.
Fortunately at this school there is a very dedicated extremely hard working American that spends many many hours solving these problems trying to create a efficient effective teaching environment.
The ultimate goal is to have the best outcomes for all our students so they came fulfill their life ambitions and dreams. Hopefully, this will allow them to become successful positive members of the world community. Some may even use their talents to make the world an even better place. I hope for my children this will be the case.

#4 Parent max - 2010-09-03

Sir, I am very glad you have been hired. However you have not actually worked at the school before you criticizes my comments, go and start your job then perhaps you will be able to substantiate your claims.

#5 Parent 7thDay - 2010-09-02

As I am a 7th Day Adventist and I was recently hired by the school and after reading the contract that clearly states; "no work on the Sabbath" I can attest that this posting is 100% bunk. I have never seen a contract anywhere in China that actually had such a provision until I was hired at Ewha so whoever posted this is lying and I would question their motivation. In fact anyone could ask to see a copy of the contract and they are very up front about it. When I was hired they were 110% forthcoming and to put this bogus posting to rest all I can offer is that anyone should call them or go there in person. The problem with boards like this is that anyone can get online and say anything and it is taken as being valid which can damage the reputation of a school and unless the school is aware of the attacks, they have no defense. I would invite and/or challenge anyone to call the school at random and ask about working on the sabbath as an example. They do not discriminate at all and in fact they bend over backwards to help people. I've seen other posts on here about supposedly bad schools and when I was being interviewed at those same schools later, I found nothing wrong with them. The credibility of the posters on here is really circumspect.

max - 2010-08-31
EWHA Korean School Qingdao

EWHA Korean International School Qingdao. BEWARE
This school has multiple problems.
If you decide to work there be prepare to be exposed to racism, ineffective management, lies, unmotivated students, promises they can not keep and will not deliver, abuse, exploitation, poor housing, abuse, ridicual little or no assistance. I have worked at this school and quiet frankly it is a circus, they could not manage a line to a toilet。The School should be deregistered and all the Koreans sent home, they have no business in China。
The school is suppose be a christian school, however they would not hire two American teachers on the grounds they were Seven Day Adventist after making run around five weeks getting all the requirements for Z visa. Work there at the risk to your sanity, integrity and pride.

Return to Index › EWHA Korean School Qingdao

Go to another board -