TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Why?
#1 Parent Amazed - 2010-09-12
Re: Why?

One small detail, they don't need a phone. The should just use two cans and a string.

#2 Parent IM - 2010-09-12
Re: Why? torts, law on their side...

Chinese mafia at work....

quite possibly, yes. It is well known that fujian and guangdong have long been known as being hotbeds of organized crime.

In hindsight, I am glad I managed to get out alive.

#3 Parent IM - 2010-09-12

Let's not forget the "no why" gambit:)

Or the all time classic "But you know, This is China!"

Really, and here's me thinking I am still in Europe but we have been invaded by people who like shouting matches and feel compelled to use their mobile phone at every available opportunity.

#4 Parent Amazed - 2010-09-11

I must agree with you that China has not changed. Schools and agents, as a rule, are still trying to dupe foreigners. The old 'bait and switch' is their favorite dirty trick. It's very, very hard for the Chinese to adopt ethical practices all of a sudden after years of operating dishonestly in the field of education. In fact, if anything, I'd say that the trickery has become worse in the last few years, especially in Southern China.

I believe you are a master at the "bait and switch" At least a master at the bait.
#5 Parent Crap School Hunter - 2010-09-11

I myself got threatened with a "tort of reputation" from an aggrieved businessman/recruiter on these very boards. My linkedin.com profile was also hacked by someone from the "security and investigations" industry in China, and I am pretty sure the same person was trying to hack my email also.

Chinese mafia at work....

#6 Parent IM - 2010-09-11

I'd say that the trickery has become worse in the last few years, especially in Southern China.

Most DEFINITELY. But we can't name names or post negative reviews, lest we get threatened with lawsuits. I myself got threatened with a "tort of reputation" from an aggrieved businessman/recruiter on these very boards. My linkedin.com profile was also hacked by someone from the "security and investigations" industry in China, and I am pretty sure the same person was trying to hack my email also.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/803ead00-8460-11df-9cbb-00144feabdc0.html

As a foreigner, we are no longer exempt from being sued.

But I agree with what you have written.

Cheers and red rock beers,
IM

#7 Parent unamazed - 2010-09-09

I must agree with you that China has not changed. Schools and agents, as a rule, are still trying to dupe foreigners. The old 'bait and switch' is their favorite dirty trick. It's very, very hard for the Chinese to adopt ethical practices all of a sudden after years of operating dishonestly in the field of education. In fact, if anything, I'd say that the trickery has become worse in the last few years, especially in Southern China.

Return to Index › Re: Why?

Go to another board -