TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: EWHA School Qingdao
#1 Parent Shelley - 2010-10-03
Re: EWHA School Qingdao

Seasider has posted that "Complaining to Qingdao Foreign Affairs Bureau re EWHA would be a waste of time. It's clear that EWHA has the PSB in its pocket."

Not necessarily!
But what puzzles me is how, according to one of the two whistleblowers claiming to be employed there, an FT has been teaching for 3 years holding tourist visas. I'd reckon it's very very hard, if not impossible, for those laowei without Chinese relatives to get elongated tourist visas one after another! I wonder how accurate said whistleblower's post is.
F visas, yes, that's a possible route to take for those laowei without aforesaid special relationship, but only if the employer is willing to 'co-operate'. However, in such cases, the school must apply as if it were a company on behalf of the laowei or provide special documentation to the laowei for him to apply. I guess schools will only do so in the event of a laowei whom it wishes to hire being unable to obtain a foreign expert's card from the provincial education office, presumably because of not having a bachelor's degree from a western university.

#2 Parent Pumpernickel - 2010-10-03

Are there any sharks at the seaside where you are?

They must have given someone a big bite causing heavy injuries to certain parts of the head!

#3 Parent seasider - 2010-10-03

Complaining to Qingdao Foreign Affairs Bureau re EWHA would be a waste of time. It's clear that EWHA has the PSB in its pocket. Hence all the illegally employed teachers working freely at that school!

#4 Parent Make Qingdao free - 2010-10-02

Here is another one:

To make Qingdao free,
the crappy EWHA school owner must flee!
#5 Parent Shelley - 2010-10-02

Qingdao is a Chinese tourist haunt
Where many laowei to teach want

But the EWHA director is a crooked boss
So, why laowei teach there I'm at a loss!

The whistle has just been blown twice on ESLTB
So, those teaching illegally there should flee

Or else possibly face a heavy fine and a speedy deportation
Or even a spell inside for those in a bad financial situation

<wbfy@qingdao.gov.cn> is the relevant e-mail address
For all those who wanna report this shameful illegal EWHA mess

Return to Index › Re: EWHA School Qingdao

Go to another board -