TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2010-10-16
Re: Spying on Students?

I would like to add by saying that ANY system corrupt enough to disregard even the most basic moral underlining for the sake of profit or "development" will not be able to maintain ANYTHING OF INTEGRITY within its borders. No charity, company, school, or body of administration can overcome corruption unless a solid body of both law and education is put into place. Unfortunately China's education system doesn't put the honor of law into people, there compromising justice in the worst way.

Any successful developed country acknowledges its own wrongdoings in the past and actively strives to improve their system constantly. Developed countries have a firm set of laws put into place where capitalism can operate to it's max without tramping all over our personal rights. This is a process which has taken many years. Democracy is indeed an experiment which hasn't ended but it captivates our hearts because of the possibility and hope of what it brings. But it can't be successful unless we are open about ourselves to it and we take action to improve upon it.

When I was working at a university in China there was an awful case about students who beat each other up badly or some female student getting raped. The first thing the school did was forbid this information from leaking to any media outlets whatsoever. Protecting face is top priority, which basically leads to action that makes the hapless school and the soulless admins look worst. The proper Chinese term is BuYaoLiao (not wanting any face).

Capitalism is merely a catalyst for the unethical beings to use in China against little people like us. In the end it's all done with the knowledge of the government and these crooked business people get away with everything up to and including murder. I read a couple of years ago of a foreign teacher who died suspiciously in China and his body was shipped back to the states. The official report in China was that he got drunk and slipped into a creek. However the coroner in the states said that he suffered from blunt trauma to the back of his head. Friends and associates say that he may have had some dirt on the boss of the school and corrupt allegations.

Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?

Go to another board -