TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?
#1 Parent Monitor - 2010-10-19
Re: Spying on Students?

However, all I say is that FTs need to be cautious in China because they will be definitely spied upon! I have also mentioned the reasons of power structure and a traditional culture that does not really value privacy. With these factors coming together, you will get what you have in China.

About right, Turnoi, and I think those laowai who've been here in China for a long time should guard against the temptation to become too critical or too vociferous of the injustices here when speaking with Chinese people. The problem is if you annoy those in the Party or with big mouths by criticising the Chinese government, you can end up being reported as a dissident. Then you'll be spied upon, and possibly kicked out of the country eventually. Those laowai being married to a Chinese should note that that won't allow you any extra licence in this respect. As Turnoi has no intentions of returning to China, he can afford to air his views freely without fear of retribution. That's not so for those of us here, as he has pointed out for our benefit.

Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?

Go to another board -