TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?
#1 Parent Sanguine - 2010-10-19
Re: Spying on Students?

Fine, you wish to say a separate subject has been created apart from the OP about cell phones, being spoken of in the hypothetical because you don't have an actual case this is based upon, fine. You are not only a very stubborn person, but my guess is that you are always right, especially when you are wrong. As pseudo psychology goes, that assessment isn't so pseudo. You chose to make this personal my friend, I need only go back and highlight the first example of this.

Yes, spying can be a problem, though I think that most foreigners here have to high a sense of their own importance. In truth you'd be amazed how little regard people give you, except in your own mind of course. Many people seem to over estimate their own importance ;)

Yes TA's do keep track of your in class activities, gate guards at certain schools do indeed keep track of your comings and goings. Not sure to what degree though, I honestly think they don't care all that much unless something of note happens. I certainly don't think someone is sitting there monitoring the phone conversations of thousands of students, to see if they are dissidents. I mean really, let's be realistic here. The school wants to make some money by selling the students phones and minutes, seems pretty obvious to me.

While Turnoi poster likes to attack others via subtle means to throw off your attention, I merely present simple logic and rationale, not paranoia. The simple truth is that most of the time the Chinese have better things to do I think than simply spying on us, or students. Does it occur, of course. Is it as wide spread as the people here try to make it? I don't think so.

Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?

Go to another board -