TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re No future in ESL/TEFL
#1 Parent Visas Schmisas - 2010-11-02
Re No future in ESL/TEFL

The same rules don't seem to apply as much to men, gotta love the double standards here

Exactly. I always got annoyed when hearing "western men are so open, just come to china to steal our girls", well maybe, just maybe, if Chinese men treated their girls better then they wouldn't need to worry?

It was only a hundred or so years ago, that women's feet were tightly bound. Sure there are more "independent" chinese girls now, but I'm not sure if that is a bad or good thing. It seems primitive capitalism has swept across the major chinese cities like a cancer, and young chinese girls now won't settle for anything less than handsome and rich.

#2 Parent Sanguine - 2010-11-01
Re No future in ESL/TEFL

No I don't think there is anything sad about being so old and not being married or anything like that. That kind of thinking is more Chinese then western, as to them females must be married by 25, or it's all over. The same rules don't seem to apply as much to men, gotta love the double standards here. I honestly don't know why Silverboy talks about his love life so much, I think he is simply trying to justify himself, mainly to himself through others.

#3 Parent Visas Schmisas - 2010-11-01
Re No future in ESL/TEFL

Boy, I really opened the proverbial can of worms with this thread, didn't I?

Here was me having a moan about teaching english, and now every man and his dog is on about love and finding a future trouble and strife. I guess it's related though, and I'm appreciating all the feedback.

@ Sanguine, I agree there is nothing sad about living your life contently, single or otherwise, whereever you are.

And silverboy isn't so old is he? He said he was 41 on these forums I think? Hell I know guys in their late 40s/early 50s, still single....

#4 Parent Sanguine - 2010-10-31
Re No future in ESL/TEFL

I think it's a "losers" attitude as you call it, your words, not mine, to move to a country with the goal of finding a wife. Love has nothing to do with luck, I found it and I wasn't looking, and rarely ever have been, certainly never for a wife. Going out with the intent to meet people it one thing, moving to a whole different continent with the express purpose of finding yourself a wife seems desperate and beyond the norm. You think it's cool, fine, but like I said, I find it desperate and sad. Nothing sad about living your life contently. You also equate my words with the extreme opposite of what you do, instead of the moderate, likely to try and make my words seem less credible. I advocate a more moderate approach to life, not the kinds of extreme behavior someone like yourself gets into? You don't like Australian women? That is irrelevant, as the woman who is the one for you you'll like regardless of her nationality. Perhaps that is why at what sounds like a pretty advanced age you are still single, because you are just too thick, and really don't get any of it. That would be my guess, in which case I'm wasting my breath, which I already have been trying to talk to you. Good bye.

Return to Index › Re No future in ESL/TEFL

Go to another board -