TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re re: jiujiang job warning
#1 Parent Visas Schmisas - 2010-11-12
Re re: jiujiang job warning

@ Sanguine, Yes, Guangzhou is bad for China. But it is hardly South Central LA, is it?

To put it in perspective with my native Manchester.The only crimes I experienced in China, ever, was having a simple mobile phone stolen, and once being attacked by some guys, but that was my own fault for being a drunken asshole and swearing at them.

In Manchester, England?

1. I've been glassed/hit over the head in a nightclub.
2. Had a gang of asians chase me through a field at night, for god only knows what reason.
3. Had to break up numerous arguments/fights between friends and other people.
4. There are numerous shootings/stabbings and so on. Police in Greater Manchester are kitted up like SWAT teams.

Not saying China is 100% safe, but I feel much safer there, than in England.

Cheers
VS

#2 Parent Sanguine - 2010-11-11
Re re: jiujiang job warning

Yes but Guangzhou has got some of the worst crime in China, (not including all the pickpockets). Every place you will live in China has it's drawbacks, you just have to ask yourself what exactly is most important to you, what are your priorities? Then you'll be able to know if you can live in a less developed place, or if you can tolerate one that can be as dangerous as Guangzhou because development is what you really want. Also, some people are more adaptable then others, something you need to keep in mind, as well as whether or not you are one of those people.

Return to Index › Re re: jiujiang job warning

Go to another board -