TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › About Online Communication in China
#1 Parent Eu'er - 2010-11-21
Re About Online Communication in China

The last I read was Skype (the chinese version) is being eavesdropped on by the chinese government.

Gmail always works very poorly in China, and google docs can't be accessed at all.

Dragonized - 2010-11-21
About Online Communication in China

I just wanted to post some information regarding using online email and chat software in China. Apparently some chat software like Skype and email services such as Gmail either don't get priority or get delayed for unknown reasons. I for example only just received some chat messages in my gmail account which were typed up by the sender (also in China) well over 2 days ago! I have also had this problem with Skype. For example if I type a message to someone in China (when I'm sending the message from outside or inside of China) maybe I won't see the response until 2 or 3 days later when some SEEMINGLY RANDOM MESSAGE will pop up in skype and I will see that it was ACTUALLY A RESPONSE from the person who was trying to answer my question and the time of the message will be shown as being around the same time in which I was asking the question.

This might be related to the fact that the servers for some of these communication software is based out of China so when we send something it might need to be routed around the world. I don't want to bring up conspiracy theories as that would cause confusion and suspicion but I just wanted to point this out to everyone. Be careful what you use on the internet in China, there can be many glitches.

Return to Index › About Online Communication in China

Go to another board -