TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Life Experience Degree Scams
#1 Parent Joseph P. - 2011-01-16
Re Life Experience Degree Scams

Pursuant to your request, you are forgiven for being suspicious, but your suspicion makes me a little suspicious. Do you have a degree? Do you work in Asia? If I Wiki you school what will I find? I'm not an expert but a little common sense tells me there are many different types of degrees, with many different majors. Furthermore, they originate from a wide variety of issuing institutions. That doesn't even get into the accreditation process which is a dog's breakfast and then there is what language were you taught in. I think that a study of this, including what degrees are acceptable where, pay schedules, etc. would prove quite useful. Isn't it the essence the internet that we all share information that someone else may desire and find valuable? Just Googling such topics as 'life experience degrees suck' or 'University of Phoenix sucks' will yield a most interesting collection of diverse opinions. Be suspicious, yes, but perhaps you should be suspicious of 'schools' that offer degrees for $199 and have a .com URL. It could prove more useful.

#2 Parent Tammy Sims - 2011-01-11

For your research on degree mills and life experience degrees you might want to include an interview with Chester Ludlow, the pug dog who earned his online degree (MBA) from Rochville University based on his life experience. This really smart dogs story is a hoot and a warning to all on degree mills and online education.

#3 Parent The Lawyer - 2011-01-09

I have been doing research on the relationship between ESL teaching in various countries around the world, but primarily Asia and S.E. Asia, and possessing a college or university degree. It's pretty clear that you will do better with a degree but it's not always imperative that you have one. I will be publishing a white paper on it in the not-too-distant future and will post it in a variety of places where it should be readily obtainable by those either in the ESL field or contemplating joining it.

First a posting for research about agents by someone, and now a posting like this. Forgive me for being suspicious, but to what end does this serve you, and what do you intend to gain from publishing a white paper on this issue? It is fairly common knowledge a degree opens more doors in E and SE Asia, than not having one, yes?

Think it is about time a IP locked registration system is brought in?

Harold Braun - 2011-01-09
Life Experience Degree Scams

I have been doing research on the relationship between ESL teaching in various countries around the world, but primarily Asia and S.E. Asia, and possessing a college or university degree. It's pretty clear that you will do better with a degree but it's not always imperative that you have one. I will be publishing a white paper on it in the not-too-distant future and will post it in a variety of places where it should be readily obtainable by those either in the ESL field or contemplating joining it.

However, In my research I came across a site that offered an interesting perspective; life-experience-degree-scams-and-teaching-abroad.webs.com. Also a Google or 'life experience degrees suck' might assist you. I'll post as soon as I have finish my research. Harold Braun, News Wire Service.

Return to Index › Life Experience Degree Scams

Go to another board -