TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › re: China esl job market going down..feeling depressed
#1 Parent ks_1976 - 2011-02-12
Re re: China esl job market going down..feeling depressed

It is an interesting ad. Well what stands out for me is that I do not think that it is written by a native speaker as there are a few grammar points that are not normal for a native English speaker. There is no apartment provided, you must get your own. There is no year end/travel/airfare offered and this sliding salary is all promise! Ask for references from teachers that are teaching there or have taught there is the past and talk to them before committing.

That is my take, good luck.

bullring - 2011-02-12
re: China esl job market going down..feeling depressed

So after much hand wringing I am thinking of coming back to China, even though I said it would be a cold day in hell before I did that...and I am not feeling so inspired...I thought I would like to go back to Zhaoqing ( a nice scenic tourism city in guangdong) and so looked for jobs there and came across this:

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/China/index.pl?read=165928

The ad obviously seems to be written by a foreigner, but the terms seem very harsh...not an alcohol drinker!! And must have your own laptop!!!

So I gave up and looked elsewhere but it seems more jobs are imposing crappy stupid rules or working hours...and the pay isn't increasing vis a vis inflation...yes, china is getting a more expensive place...

thoughts?

Return to Index › re: China esl job market going down..feeling depressed

Go to another board -