TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Suzhou Foreign....
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2011-03-02
Re Suzhou Foreign....

It's good to hear some news which makes you feel like there is actually hope once in a while, and your story about the "school" being forced to go to the ATM to pay their teachers right then and there show that.

Whether or not the general attitude of the FEB all over China is willing to change remains to be seen. I myself have been to the Foreign Experts Bureau to complain about my school, only to see the people at the FEB be in cahorts with the school's admins. Asking me to pay a bribe to the school's admins was what the FEB did.

Shanghai is Shanghai, it's a big international city and the cultural mindset of the city is very different from almost everywhere else in China. We cannot trust the government in china to do something about this until we actually see real results from FEB bureaus everywhere, not just in internationalized places such as Shanghai.

#2 Parent Unhappy Camper - 2011-03-02
Re Suzhou Foreign....

Many but not all FT's are just too timid to take any action when they are ripped off by bad schools so those bad schools get away with much more than they should but those days are changing. More FT's just need to realize that they have options when someone rips them off and that they should drag those bad school owners into the courts kicking and screaming and then have the courts drag those bad school owners all the way to the ATM to empty their pockets. I just heard from a friend of mine that was ripped off in Shanghai by a school that the courts ordered the school owner to physically go to a bank with the FT and someone from the court and withdraw cash and pay the FT immediately after a ruling. Shanghai however has many FT's and they tend not to want the problems that some other cities don't deal with as often. There are just too many FT's in a place like Shanghai and they need to keep some sense of justice there. When schools don't pay their bills heads tend to roll in some parts of China.

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2011-02-28
Re Suzhou Foreign....

"Kevin" and other people who try and make a piss poor attempt to stick up for these places are probably too busy licking their ESL master's boots when they're not busy spreading lies. Now if they had any sense of dignity left they would actually quit their jobs at these "education" companies and pretend schools and try to find a more decent way of making a living.

Return to Index › Re Suzhou Foreign....

Go to another board -