TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Recruiter Scams
#1 Parent Kanadian - 2011-03-06
Recruiter Scams

interesting reading :D

Inland revenue department Feb. 10 1999 to (99) Beijing to tax (94) of the text transmitted to the state of administration of taxation Guoshuihan ( 1999) No 37, the text on a clear sign of Chinas foreign tax treaties in terms of teachers and researches the scope of application notice,

#2 Parent Aaron - 2011-03-06
Recruiter Scams

I had one try and bait and switch me on a job this weekend. They offered 25,000 per month in China. When my candidate applied they pumped her for more data and then turned around and offered a job in a middle school for 6,000 RMB.

So gross, what a hard neck! Please name this particular shyster so that we can shun him (or her). I bet it's a Chinese outfit - oftentimes they have the lowest morals of all the recruiters operating in the field of EFL.

Crap School Spotter - 2011-03-06
Recruiter Scams

FYI I have been keeping a real close eye lately on some of these recruiters online. Not just on this board but on many. Anytime you get some knuckle dragging butt monkey wanting your resume and "clear scans of your passports and degree" that is a red flag. Those are usually some sort of ID theft and fraud scam. Anytime you see a Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo email address for a recruiter or for that matter, any free email account that is not attached to a Web site and a valid brick and mortar business with a license and an address, BEWARE!

To any recruiter on this board that does not agree with me, please remove your listings and/or update them with a valid Web site, business license, tax certificate, street address, and a working office and mobile telephone number. Otherwise take a hike and stop preying on FT's for your little scams on ID, black market paperwork schemes, etc.

I was fishing for some recruiters this weekend and I hooked a few already from this board and another board that are not at all valid. Toss them some bait and they bite. Spend a few moments on Microsoft Word, grab a few free photos from free source images of a good looking man and a woman and send them a resume. Then go over to Google and grab a few degrees and make sure that your candidate for the job matches the name on the randomly selected degree from whatever source you borrowed it from online. In a few hours they want your passport, and a lot more information than they need for any job in China. After they've milked the candidate for all of their personal information that is as far as it goes. They got what they think they have. Your ID, your personal data, work history, and whatever else you were dumb enough to give them. Let them know that you've never been to China and they will play you like a banjo and tell you anything that you want to hear.

I had one try and bait and switch me on a job this weekend. They offered 25,000 per month in China. When my candidate applied they pumped her for more data and then turned around and offered a job in a middle school for 6,000 RMB.

Deal directly with the school, or not at all. If it is not a public school, forget it. If they cannot produce a license for hiring FT's forget it. If they promise you a Z visa after getting to China, forget it. Its all bullshi*

These recruiters can either put up or shut up. That includes the foreigner recruiters as well. The door needs to be slammed hard on these people so that this fraud game of ESL can be cleaned up and made into something workable for all concerned. Don't get played for a sucker. Play the recruiters for suckers instead. Public schools have the money, time, and resources for posting their own help wanted ads.

If you are from Canada or the USA and want to teach in China, first of all, don't. Second of all if you are still in need of some abuse, ask your college to do some networking for you and see if they can help you with some placement somewhere. Check with your embassy, or check with someone other than a recruiter.

As for Dave's ESL...Dave is cashing in on all of the crap schools and the suckers that just keep applying to work at crap schools and the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Return to Index › Recruiter Scams

Go to another board -