TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re NYC Shutting Down Schools
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2011-03-10
Re NYC Shutting Down Schools, mei ban fa sounds different there!

Bavaria you pointed out a very important point in chinese society. That of people deciding "mei ban fa!" as a response to just about ANY social injustice. Being ignorant of what others are trying to say is really the single biggest, most common problem that I have seen in my time working in china.

Being able to think critically and understand the reasoning behind your opponent's argument is key to not only bettering your own but winning the opinions of people who are undecided or even against you. Going to bookstores in china you will see many many translated, imported books from fantasy bestsellers to self-help books. But do the chinese people really UNDERSTAND the underlying notions of what the ideas that have been thought up by others mean?

In NYC, shutting schools down for poor performance is the social system saying, "if you will be bad, then mei ban fa!" Well in china it's sure different, so that's something for chinese people to think about seriously.

#2 Parent Bavaria bier - 2011-03-10
Re NYC Shutting Down Schools

Problem is quality audits need to come from above, otherwise, it's all guanxi, mei banfa go with the flow, nothing changes...

The college I am currently working at is undergoing a quality audit and all teachers are expected to contribute their efforts and strengths.

Ibsen wrote:

A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm.

Return to Index › Re NYC Shutting Down Schools

Go to another board -