TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › advice on health exam for Thailand - ESL discussion
#1 Parent RhenoThai - 2005-04-28
Thailand's health care 'situation' - ESL discussion

That really sucks. I teach here in Thailand. I didn't get a health exam until after I got my work permit and started teaching. My contract has a sick-time clause that gives me three weeks sick-leave with pay. If I get sick, my school will set me up in a hospital for up to three weeks. The pay isn't great in Thailand, but most public schools will give you free room and board and free meals. I've been able to save almost 10K USD in one year here. I had two wisdom teeth cut out back in November. The cost for both was 25 USD, which my school reimbursed me for. In the US, this would have set me back easily over 1,000 USD. Forget China if they're gonna be like that.

RhenoThai

#2 Parent Dos - 2005-04-13
Diabetes - ESL discussion

China doesn't throw you out for diabetes. I had a teacher who did his exam in the US for the Z-Visa before coming to China, and he found he had diabetes. Both the embassy in the US, and the various officals here in China said diabetes was no problem. He is still here in China.
AIDS and Hepatitis (can never spell that) are the main two things checked for.

Greg Treharne - 2005-04-13
advice on health exam for Thailand - ESL discussion

Dear readers I have just started work in China and caught numonia and EF Wehai put me into a top hospital and could not do enough but I have a slight case of diabetes and high iron count both easily curable but Chinese Govt. says no so with great dissapointment I must leave China but I do not wan't to all the way back to Australia just to have blood removed twice a week to solve this problem. Is Thailand strict on health exams for working visas?

Return to Index › advice on health exam for Thailand - ESL discussion

Go to another board -