TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Have a problem getting Release letter
#1 Parent dude - 2011-04-26
Re Have a problem getting Release letter

I've been trying to get a hold of my friend for the last few days, but no luck! You can start with the foreign expert bureau..if no luck..maybe search the internet for the commission and go from there... Good luck!

#2 Parent Beentheredonethat - 2011-04-24

Can you give me the Human Rights commision info so I can do that. I was thinking suing them but that is costly and will take too long but it would freeze their accounts and keep them in China till the thing was settled. It is a korean school which I absolutely loath. I did not even have a signed contract and they refused to sign one when I got there and they changed everything around like work time went from do your teaching to stay in school 40 hours a week so not a good situation. They know I wanted the paperwork and gave me stuff that the government will not accept. They tell me that the paper work is all that they will give and if the government will not accept it too bad they don't care. So yes it is a crappy situation but I know that there is a way to do it. A friend got a job with another school and they provided the new paperwork eventually but they told him the same thing at first. Well if you can give me the Human Rights Commision info that would be great. I will them them that I am going to them and see what happens. With all I have on them it should make them squirm a little bit. Thanks and looking forward to your reply

#3 Parent dude - 2011-04-23

When you quit, did you tell them that you are going back to your home country or did you tell them that you had another employment opportunity?

This happened to a friend of mine here in Chongqing...wrong stamp because he told them he was going home, not to another job! So he had to wait until all his contracts and papers were expired, applied for an L, left for HK to get his Z through the new school!

You could contact the foreign expert bureau...it's their job to deal with crap like this...although you may be told that you need to "negotiate" with you school to get the right paper/stamp....(sometimes it's hard to beat the annual envelope the bureau guys get, especially from your school)....your last shot is if the bureau doesn't do their job, then you go to the human rights commission....you'll probably get everything the next day! My friend did!

Cheers and goodluck!

Beentheredonethat - 2011-04-22
Have a problem getting Release letter

I am having a problem getting a release and reference letters from a school. They gave me something but it was rejected by the PSB in the new province. The school tells me that they only give out the ones that they did and won't give me the ones that will be accepted. I can't get my working papers transfered without it. Can anyone give me any advice in this situation. Thanks

Return to Index › Have a problem getting Release letter

Go to another board -