TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › China: HUAIHUA CITY, HUNAN PROVINCE.
#1 Parent Tory Boy - 2011-05-04
Re HUAIHUA CITY, HUNAN PROVINCE.

Rubbish again!

They are not arabs, but a Turkic people....

#2 Parent Elie Hobbs - 2011-05-03

You have obviously never seen girls from Xinjiang...

Yes, I have. I dislike their Arabian noses, too long and curved. A matter of personal taste - long noses are ugly in my opinion!

#3 Parent Bavarian bier - 2011-05-03

My observations are that among Hunan girls, many are stunningly beautiful, more so than those from other areas of China.
It was my greatest pleasure to have taught them. Facially and legwise, many are perfect.

Nonsense, many are fat and short!!

You have obviously never seen girls from Xinjiang...

#4 Parent Mike - 2011-05-02

I admire your strength and ability to cope without the basics!

I do wonder, however, if going without some basic comforts for a pointless job being abused and cheated a lot is worth it.

Regardless, enjoy your China adventures.

#5 Parent Elie Hobbs - 2011-05-02

The Hunanese are common for being cheaters and thieves,prostitutes......

I've taught in various provinces and one autonomous region of China for 15 years or so. My observations are that among Hunan girls, many are stunningly beautiful, more so than those from other areas of China.
It was my greatest pleasure to have taught them. Facially and legwise, many are perfect. And the ones I befriended as their foreign teacher were as kind to me as any other Chinese girls.
Sir, you do Hunan people a huge disservice with your derogatory post, based mainly on hearsay!
#6 Parent Wilayat - 2011-05-02

You work in the wilds of Hunan, and you deserve what you get. It is well known even amongst other Chinese, that the hunanese are common for being cheaters and thieves, prostitutes, and as you say the xenophobia is an issue....in hindsight I wished I had piledrived my FAO on his fat, greedy head!

#7 Parent pig'nsh_ _. - 2011-05-02

Either don't come to China or get huntin' for jobs in another better known city, one that has more of a complete infrastructure - noting the expat turnover rate here, you will regret choosing Huaihua!

Not necessarily me pal, please don't generalize about the rest of us teaching over here. Not all of us who come here need or crave a western lifestyle. County or town ok in my book, fellow westerners a bunch of wingers and weasels as a rule!

Mike - 2011-05-02
China: HUAIHUA CITY, HUNAN PROVINCE.

Huaihua City, Hunan Province.

I have worked here for over a year, seen many come and go, heard and experienced a bunch.

It could have been this forum, or another, but somewhere in cyberspace was a pole for the "top 5 worst cities in China."

I am nominating HUAIHUA for at least the fifth position on the following grounds:

--No western supplies available (not even cheese at the supermarket)
    --Soldiers shout abuse at you and photograph you on their cellphones in the street
    --Abuse and unreasonable refusals from the local entry and exit bureau
    --So much dirt on the roads that vehicles drag out huge clouds behind them
    --Foreign teachers were not able to find any chest infection medicine (despite going to all the hospitals in town)
    --Many locals are extremely unreasonable and abusive to foreigners - THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL ASSAULTS
    --Many complaints about local ESL employers (esp. gov. run schools), including but not limited to - agency scams, racism, and non-functioning or abusive FAO, filthy or no accommodation. At Huamei School in nearby Zhongfang, one very senior American teacher in his 60's WAS NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE SCHOOL GATES
    --Military vehicles following you and rumors of cellphone monitoring (something to do with the local army base)
    --There doesn't seem to be any way to escape the noise pollution wherever you live. The city is a major railway hub and all through the night you are probably going to get annoyed by the incessant blasting of locomotive horns.
    --Awful or unusable internet access to foreign websites

I will be just as proud of myself for leaving this city as I was for tolerating my time here :)

Above was the worst I could hear, will add more if I can get the info (and believe it!!)

Either don't come to China or get huntin' for jobs in another better known city, one that has more of a complete infrastructure - noting the expat turnover rate here, you will regret choosing Huaihua!

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Sat, 14 May 2011, 02:39 AM]

Return to Index › China: HUAIHUA CITY, HUNAN PROVINCE.

Go to another board -