TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Advise on teaching in china
#1 Parent dino - 2011-05-09
Re Advise on teaching in china

Your an exception then I will look defeat in the eye.... But i did say....
I will admit there is a possibility that maybe you have a more
extensive vocabulary than what I possess in your specialized field

I wasn't trying to be cocky.

I don't know what school you teach at. But I work teaching ESL to young adults in Thailand.
It doesn't take a degree. That's a fact!

If we opened a school each in the same area targeting the same students.
I think I would have more bums on seats, on a results and teaching method basis alone, putting personality aside.

I'm not proud I had to cheat and use a degree. I'm wanting to get a legitimate job teaching English in China.

I will do it, I'll get a working visa in another industry where I am qualified and fulfill something I really enjoy doing and am successful at.

I certainly won't go to University and waste my years there to become an ESL teacher so I can say I am a better quality teacher.: In response to this Dino, and in fact all your other uneducated ramblings, I worked
: exceedingly hard to gain a degree in English Language and Linguistics. So please be
: careful before making such comments. My studies give me an in-depth knowledge of grammar
: and the rules of English and the fundamental differences between that and many other
: languages.
:
: I find it appalling that you think a fake degree and a desire to teach deems you worthy,
: think about the students. Yes they might be smiling and happy learning under your wing,
: but do they have anything to compare it to in terms of quality?

#2 Parent natasha_daisy - 2011-05-04

I don't think there is anything you know about my mother tongue language of English that i don't. Okay, I will admit there is a possibility that maybe you have a more extensive vocabulary than what I possess in your specialized field

In response to this Dino, and in fact all your other uneducated ramblings, I worked exceedingly hard to gain a degree in English Language and Linguistics. So please be careful before making such comments. My studies give me an in-depth knowledge of grammar and the rules of English and the fundamental differences between that and many other languages.

I find it appalling that you think a fake degree and a desire to teach deems you worthy, think about the students. Yes they might be smiling and happy learning under your wing, but do they have anything to compare it to in terms of quality?

#3 Parent dino - 2011-05-02

Well, look I'm sorry if i did offended anyone with my honesty.

I was looking for an answer to a question.
'If i would be considered or has anyone heard of or experienced any special cases where governments have granted visas to special cases in China for teaching English'?
That's all.

In defense and retaliation, I'll firstly say this. I love my job. My school loves me. My students have benefited through my teaching practices and turn up to with smiles on their faces. If I were applying for a job as a research scientist in a lab, I wouldn't use a phony degree because of the intelligence and knowledge required. I have a special ability to understand learning techniques to an individual and or groups. Most of all I understand people. The skill required to teach also requires communication skills. I think the hypercritical and immature opinions should be kept to themselves.

By the way I commend anyone that took the time out to complete a degree. I appreciate the accomplishment and what ever you have learned. I'm sure life will reward you some day. I don't think there is anything you know about my mother tongue language of English that i don't. Okay, I will admit there is a possibility that maybe you have a more extensive vocabulary than what I possess in your specialized field. All I sense is people thinking it's not fair that they had to do a degree and someone like me comes along and takes a job that most people are capable of doing. Your degree, in this field of Tesol is worthless in most facets. Take a degree in human relations and back it up with experience and I think you may be competitive when applying for the same job as me. Furthermore the only reason governments have put in place these standards for the requirement of a degree/diploma is not for the quality of education that it looks like to many out there, but because of the ongoing pedophilia problems with western teachers. so they were left with no choice but to run background checks.

Anyways, it's a subject with a lot of valid points but under the commonsense rule, there is no argument. A great topic for a debating class. With all that said. Please consider this, I think we all have a hard enough time being Caucasian/non asian in the countries we are in, let alone meeting westerners that want to slam you at the same time.

#4 Parent MARK - 2011-05-02

Are you telling us that you used a fake degree certificate in Thailand?

I'M SURPRISED YOU'VE REPLIED TO THIS OBVIOUS INTERNET TROLL, 'DINO'.
WOW! CRIME OF THE CENTURY, USING A FAKE DEGREE CERTIFICATE, CAN'T HAVE THAT, LIFE BEHIND BARS AN APT PUNISHMENT.
HE ALSO SAYS HE'S GOT 'A BRILLIANT CV', LAUGHABLE! BUT THAT'S JUST HIS OPINION - NOT NECESSARILY THAT OF A POTENTIAL EMPLOYER.
PERSONALLY I DON'T CARE IF HE'S BREAKING VISA REGS SOMEWHERE, HIS CHOICE NOT OURS, GOVTS DON'T ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT.

Return to Index › Re Advise on teaching in china

Go to another board -