TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Anyone heard of Hampson English
#1 Parent Crap School Spotter - 2011-05-09
Re Anyone heard of Hampson English

Someone help this poor guy. Look buddy, here's the thing. The job is bogus as it is part-time and you'll sit there for 99-years as he dancing white monkey earning ZERO as you do free demo classes all day long. They withhold 1500 RMB of your wages so you don't flee the job. What you and many other people don't know is this.

The reason you never have any students even though the students liked you and you were a great teacher is....

because after the demo class that you did not get paid for, the A-holes at Scamsons...turned around and in the privacy of a face saving office, slapped the parents or the students with a 700 RMB per hour price tag or about a 20,000 RMB retainer to learn ESL.

Everyone once in a while just based on face, and sheer numbers alone, they get some sucker to sign a contract with them for 20,000 RMB and everyone once in a while some ESL teacher does actually work there and get paid...but, it won't be you.

#2 Parent A Chan - 2011-05-09
Re Anyone heard of Hampson English

Help!! I received a reply from Hampsons today for their Tianjin branch and after reading this forum, have been completely put off.
I'm currently a University student in my 3rd year(in UK) and wanted to go to teach in Tianjin for the summer (maybe a summer language course) as my boyfriend is starting a new job there and as I have 3 months holiday so thought it'd be good to see him and earn some cash at the same time.

I don't have a TEFL certificate (didn't want to pay a couple of hundred pounds when I'm only teaching for a few months) and I'm not a graduate yet as I've still got one more year to go. However, I have had 3 years of experience teaching and tutoring children and businessmen in France, Italy and South Korea (I was there for a year on my year abroad).
Due to the fact that I'm not a graduate yet, I was prepared to work in a less than perfect school but after reading all these posts, this seems to be the school of hell! What should I do? Accept the post and bear it as it's only 3 months then I'm leaving anyway?
Any suggestions please? Many thanks.

Return to Index › Re Anyone heard of Hampson English

Go to another board -