TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Good or bad offer?
#1 Parent Foxy - 2011-05-19
Re Good or bad offer?

Things don't operate the same as the rest of China there, and the pollution is horrific...
You may also get robbed by some of the locals!

Having taught in Baotou, I wouldn't single that city out as being particularly badly polluted, or any more dangerous for foreign teachers than many other Chinese cities.
What I will say is that winters there are extremely cold while summers are extremely hot, and it's a windy city. Msybe it should be twinned with Chicago, if it isn't already!

#2 Parent beers - 2011-05-19
Re Good or bad offer?

It is at a local high school in Baotou

You may want to reconsider.

Things don't operate the same as the rest of China there, and the pollution is horrific...

You may also get robbed by some of the locals!

#3 Parent Lou - 2011-05-18
Re Good or bad offer?

It is at a local high school in Baotou. The contract states that a teaching hour is 40 minutes and I will have 3 classes per day, so I suppose I
will need 3 lesson plans a day.
I had a look on the internet at the local cost of living and a few sites said it's about 2000rmb a month, but I just wanted to check with
someone who is currently living in China or has recently lived there.
I'm not really sure what the office hours are all about, I would guess for grading and planning etc. But I could be wrong.
When it comes to the world of ESL I find I'm constantly suprised :)

Lou - 2011-05-17
Good or bad offer?

I have been offered a job where I will be getting, 6000rmb per month, a free apartment, flight allowance, health insurance, and my visa
paid for is this a decent offer?
How far will 6000rmb go?

Return to Index › Good or bad offer?

Go to another board -