TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Disabled teachers
#1 Parent Lou - 2011-05-28
Re Disabled teachers

Thanks for the advice everyone,
This forum definitely has a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable people on it.
And I appreciate all of you taking time out to answer my post.

Thanks Lou

#2 Parent Crap School Spotter - 2011-05-24
Re Disabled teachers

Get past all of the stupidity and the discrimination that is associated with the Chinese refusing to hire someone that has a handicap for a moment and ask yourself where anyone with a handicap is going to work and live in China anyway. Most stores cannot easily accommodate a wheelchair because the isles are too narrow and most buildings don't have ramps, while many sidewalks don't have slopes for wheel chairs, and very few buses in China accommodate wheelchairs. Many schools don't have elevators, and residential quarters at many schools are too small for a wheelchair. There are exceptions to this of course and many handicapped Chinese people do just fine, except they are Chinese and they speak the lingo and they also have the special handicap ID cards etc. They have the special motorized wheelchair / tricycles and usually someone is also helping them with most of their shopping etc. During the 08 Beijing Olympics the Chinese brought in enough handicapped toys and they had enough of a showing to make it look good for handicapped people in China but shortly thereafter, it vanished. Unless you work in Shanghai or Beijing, a handicapped person from the west would go through hell here just trying to live life. (Depending on the severity of the problem, their ability to adapt, etc.) Its difficult just to ride a bike in China without encountering road hazards, holes, misaligned sidewalks, messed up roads, etc.

Lou - 2011-05-20
Disabled teachers

I have a friend who wants to become an ESL teacher, how ever she is in a wheel chair.
Would this make it difficult for her to gain employment?
Are there any countries that anyone would recommend she teach in?

Return to Index › Disabled teachers

Go to another board -