TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Comments on Teaching in China from the TES
#1 Parent Crap School Spotter - 2011-06-04
Re Comments on Teaching in China from the TES

The problem with Qingdao are the Koreans and the Chinese from the north that come in to Shandong Province to lick the boots and wipe the asses of the Korean mafia. Somewhere in the middle of it all are the corrupt Chinese cops that cash in and from there it is all down hill and an anything goes situation. I've seen people on the beach in Qingdao near the big mountain park area carrying pump shotguns and no one gave it a second look, except for me. The local cops won't bust a nut since they don't want to die and they don't want to get fired for ruining their bosses red envelope shuttle express.

#2 Parent Dragonized - 2011-06-03

Plenty of drug running, extortion, gang wars, illegal prostitution, and just plain nasty people there though!

People in qingdao are said to have some of the most entitled mentalities around that region of china. Think shanghai lite.

#3 Parent Crap School Spotter - 2011-06-02

I am guessing it is KISQ or something similar. The wages there are bad and Qingdao is a great place to live if you can find the right gig. The problem is, there are no good gigs in education there. The wages quoted in that posting are very low.

Return to Index › Re Comments on Teaching in China from the TES

Go to another board -