TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Korea: what are the requirements for alien registration card for E-2 visa holder?
#1 Parent Hunt Allen - 2011-06-15
Re Korea: what are the requirements for alien registration card for E-2 visa holder?

I am not sure exactly what is required for an alien registration card. Usually, as has been my experience, the school that employs you as a teacher will be responsible for getting your alien registration card. I believe that once you are in Korea with a signed contract and an E-2 Visa, it is a given. The school will then have the information needed except they will also probably need your passport when they go to apply for your card.

As for the requirements for an E-2 Visa, you will need a Visa Application Number to apply for an E-2 Visa. This numb er will be sent to you by the hiring school once they have submitted all of your documents to Korean Immigration and everything has been approved. You can then apply to the Korean Consulate here in the USA. The Consulate will send you 3 forms to complete (one of which is a self-check health form), a passport size photo, a copy of your college diploma notarized or a sealed copy of your transcripts from the university, and a $45 fee for the visa. If you talk to someone in the Korean Consulate's office, they will email you a list of information they need for your E-2 Visa. You cannot get an E-2 Visa until you have a signed contract from a school and have submitted your required documents to the school for Korean Immigration approval.

I hope this helps some.

jaja cervantes - 2011-06-14
Korea: what are the requirements for alien registration card for E-2 visa holder?

hi.. I just want to ask what are the requirements to apply for an alien registration card if you are an E-2 Visa holder? There are a lot of different information in the internet, I don't know which one is accurate..

Can I also confirm if a health statement is also a required document when going to the Korean Consul for interview in applying for an E-2 Visa?

I hope I could get an accurate information here.. Thanks..

Return to Index › Korea: what are the requirements for alien registration card for E-2 visa holder?

Go to another board -