TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › re:maoming jobs going...any takers?
#1 Parent cruisemonkey - 2011-07-09
Re re:maoming jobs going...any takers?

I would never come on a L visa.

I already had an experience where I was asked to come on an L visa (see above) after I sent everything to China - a total waste of time & money. I never specifically asked about the Z visa because the ad said "Employer can help the employees to obtain a working visa(z) ". It was an outright lie (and I told him what he could do with the job)!

#2 Parent San Migs - 2011-07-06

he says he has the 'working permit' and is now getting the 'letter of invitation'

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. If you have both letters to get the documents in your own country,or HK, before going to work there. DO NOT trust this job if he asks you to get a 'L' visa in HK before going there!

good luck
SM

#3 Parent cruisemonkey - 2011-07-06

Well... I heard from Charming - he says he has the 'working permit' and is now getting the 'letter of invitation'. Everything seems to be 'on track' (so far).

#4 Parent San Miguel - 2011-06-30

"It's been about two weeks since he received the package, so I should be hearing soon."

Soon is the key word, especially so, in China.

Personally I wouldn't trust his/this organisation, but good luck to you however it pans out.

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:47 AM]

#5 Parent cruisemonkey - 2011-06-30

Along with the contract/appendix, I've sent printed copies of the documents required for the 'Letter of Invitation'. It's been about two weeks since he received the package, so I should be hearing soon. I hope this (Guangdong University of Petrochemical Technology) works out because I've already been 'burnt' by a recruiter - 'Frank' at Beijing Citizen Education Consulting Co. Ltd. (supposedly) working for the Australian Education Foundation who said they would assist with the Z visa; but, after I couriered everything to China wanted me to arrive and work on (a series of) L visa(s). I told him what he could do with that idea!

So far, Charming has been helpful in replying to my many questions and the contract is one of the best I've seen (and I've seen quite a few). There has been nothing to raise any 'red flags'.

I'll keep you posted on any developments.

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:46 AM]

#6 Parent San Miguel - 2011-06-30

"What's wrong with Charming? Are you saying there's no job and someone will be running around China pretending to be me now? "

Fair enough, AFAIK there may well be a genuine job, I can't say. As for your pure speculation part, I would be very wary-he has left more than a few applicants in the lurch. Tread carefully-those guangdong snakes may be small but they can bite unexpectedly and viciously!

My suspicion is he is into data mining, at least password lock your documents so they can't be edited/printed by him!

Good luck
SM

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:45 AM]

#7 Parent cruisemonkey - 2011-06-30

I've been offered and accepted a job GUPT (and it hardly seems too good to be true). What's wrong with Charming? Are you saying there's no job and someone will be running around China pretending to be me now?

The only thing I can see is that he never replied to someone who applied for a job - hardly a crime. Everything 'negative' seems to be pure speculation on the posters' parts.

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:44 AM]

#8 Parent San Migs - 2011-06-30

A big yes, if Charming 'data mining' Zhang is at the helm, or the FAO...avoid!

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:43 AM]

#9 Parent cruisemonkey - 2011-06-30

There are several employers. Anything wrong with GUPT?

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:42 AM]

#10 Parent San Migs - 2011-06-30

Not so much the place, but the employer, pal!

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:41 AM]

#11 Parent cruisemonkey - 2011-06-30

What's wrong with working in Maoming?

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:40 AM]

Bavarian Beers - 2011-04-22
re:maoming jobs going...any takers?

In the China jobs thread, the guy who never replies to emails is back, English Gibson and Kanadian will surely know who I mean, please check it, and be warned of working in Maoming...

Return to Index › re:maoming jobs going...any takers?

Go to another board -