TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re China: red star recruitment
#1 Parent Mark Goodridge - 2011-06-30
Re China: red star recruitment

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark Goodridge and I am the founder of Redstar Recruitment.

Turnoi, thank you for your post. I am in the process of replying to everyone, as I was overwhelmed by applicants after placing my ad. I will get to everyone who has applied before Thursday!

I am happy to answer any questions anyone has, I have been a recruiter in China for 3 years, first working with one of the language mills, then moving on to do a little freelance recruiting for contacts around China. As turnoi mentioned, I can be contacted on redstarrecruitment on skype or you can mail me @ mark@redstarrecruitment.com.

As for the original poster, I haven't heard of the Redstar recruitment that you mention, but I really hope you have the name wrong because it will really suck if there was a shyster around who previously used my name.

As for my morals and scruples, I am happy to put applicants in touch with my previously hired teachers directly and they are more than happy to provide me with references. Lying as a recruiter makes no sense as you shoot yourself in the foot for repeat business, which is of course a type of residual income. I will tell applicants straight up if a particular city is anyway unpleasant to live in, and I will not work with any schools who do not sign and agree to my terms for the treatment of staff.

Also, all of my jobs are real (I only have 11 places at the moment, check my website) I wouldn't pay to place fake ads on a website (eslcafe.com), it makes no sense. If any of you want to apply, I can put you in direct contact with the school.

I was reluctant to post on here because I know that recruiters can get a hard deal on here, but I am starting out and I want to make it clear how I work. Any of you guys can feel free to contact me on SKYPE.

Cheers

Mark

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 09:33 AM]

#2 Parent San Migs - 2011-06-30
Re China: red star recruitment

@ Turnoi: Cheers for your research mate!

As it's a foreign run recruitment agency let's hope they have some morals and scruples, but I will reserve judgement for now!

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 09:32 AM]

Return to Index › Re China: red star recruitment

Go to another board -