TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Is this a scam?
#1 Parent The Owl - 2011-08-03
Re: Is this a scam?

Chile/Malaysia: IT'S A SCAM!!!
There is a board on this site called Scam Alerts http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/scamalerts/index.pl where you will find endless variations on the same theme.
In order to help other teachers, you may add the email you received to the Scam Alerts board.

James Feeney - 2011-08-03
Is this a scam?

Hi All

I am becoming more and more aware of possible scams when applying for ESL jobs abroad, first of all I would appreciate any basic advice on how to detect a scam?

Second of all I posted my CV recently on the board here and recieved a great response, many emails came my way which is always welcome. One in particular stuck out in my mind, a gentleman from Chile who is residing in Malasia (Kuala Lumpor) asked me if I wanted to work for him teaching his children. He offered me 6000 per month which to me is a huge amount of money from my perspective. I googled his name and it came up with a scam from 3 years ago relating to working in Nigeria for a similar situation, however this is not the same country and that could just be a coincidence. Anyway basically i just wanted to ask the professionals here what your opinion is, does that kind of pay seem normal and is this kind of job offer run of the mill kind of thing? If it is that is great but basically I excercise caution every day whilst looking for a job, I have been looking on a daily basis for over a month now so as you can imagine I have never had an offer as good as this.

Many thanks

Return to Index › Is this a scam?

Go to another board -