TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Letter of Release
#1 Parent exTC FT - 2011-09-05
Re: Letter of Release

I infer you are in favor of working for Chinese training centers. If I'm not mistaken you are a DOS at one. Trying to find a good one to work for is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, in my opinion.

#2 Parent Florian - 2011-09-04

Ive been talking to the parents and kids continuing at EF who assumed I would be there in Sept, they were very displeased with EF for so long but the only reason they stayed was because I was there.

It seems you are an excellent teacher who was not appreciated by your school's director. I guess if you'd have been treated better in terms of renumeration, and respected more by your colleagues and other company staff, you wouldn't have left there. Am I right?

#3 Parent J-Hai - 2011-09-03

There are so many losers and only 1 winner at an EF center. The kids, the Frgn and Chn teachers, and the parents all get taken advantage of, and all the cheating, dillusion, unprofessional and inhumane treatment of its staff is just to increase its already meager profit margin. But when education comes 2nd at a place called English First, when the Chn staff hardly know enough English to discuss Education w, and flashy modern "clean" schools and unqualified Frgn teachers (the only ones gullible enough) its all a magic show with no substance.

Ive been talking to the parents and kids continuing at EF who assumed I would be there in Sept, they were very displeased with EF for so long but the only reason they stayed was because I was there. I told them all to demand a refund, let the word spread about the real reason for my not being there anymore, and do not waste your money. All the boss understands is money, and many parents now are asking for refunds..... Maybe now they wont think changing a teacher is like changing a burnt out light bulb. B*stards.

J-Hai - 2011-09-01
Letter of Release

OK, so heres the deal.

I have quit an EF school due to a number of reasons. EF is crap school as we all know.... but they did get me a visa. I got 7 months left on it and yesterday was my last day, so if I want to get a job somewhere else and get another work visa I would need the letter of release from EF right?

After the letter of release is written will my work visa be cancelled by the school or by the govt bureau in charge of visa issuance in my city? So, obviously I dont want this visa to cancel quite yet as I dont want to have to buy another, and I likely will freelance for the time being until im able to stomach having Chinese FT colleagues again.

So since I dont plan on working FT anytime soon should I even bother asking for the letter of release? Once my visa expires in march if I apply for another FT job will they be able to get me a work visa if I didnt have the EF letter of release? And what steps should I take so I can keep on using this visa and not have them cancel it for whatever reason?

Return to Index › Letter of Release

Go to another board -