TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Present Visa rules in the PRC
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2011-09-23
Re: Present Visa rules in the PRC

Oh okay I didn't know that about guangdong. I guess you're set on going there. Hope everything turns out well.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2011-09-23

still will ask you to come on an L Visa and get your physical in china, then go to a nearby foreign country or Hong Kong and get your Z Visa there.

@ Dragonized: I agree. But all the ruckus on eslcafe china boards seems to be that HK isn't accepting Z visa invites from certain provinces of China, namely guangdong.

Unless any guangdongers can comment differently?

Cheers and beers on
San Migs

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2011-09-23

There really is no way to answer this precisely. Of course the standard answer is to get your physical examination in your home country and then obtain the Z visa in your home country, but sometimes private "schools" and public universities still will ask you to come on an L Visa and get your physical in china, then go to a nearby foreign country or Hong Kong and get your Z Visa there.

San Migs - 2011-09-23
Present Visa rules in the PRC

Can anyone confirm on whether it is doable to arrive on a hong kong issued tourist (L) visa, and then do the medical check, get the invite letter, and go to either Hk/Macau/Thailand and get the Z visa, and then RP?

Anyone know anything more on this?

Cheers and beers to,
SM

Return to Index › Present Visa rules in the PRC

Go to another board -