TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › ESL Program
#1 Parent George Bell - 2011-11-10
Re: ESL Program

This is a prime example of where you need to be so careful when looking at ESL positions overseas. You could potentially end up in a foreign country in a potentially daangerous situation and I've known people who have had passports confiscated and have become stranded. There are many genuine ESL programs operating and a little bit of vigilance will ensure an amazing experience.

#2 Parent janerussell85 - 2011-10-28

The ESL Program I was very close to joining was actually based in Middle East. I was very fortunate to read some other people's feedback about this opportunity as it sounds like a bit of a scam. It was an ESL recruitment company who really failed to deliver on their promised ESL Program in Saudi Arabia. This part of the world fascinates me and I wont let this deter me from going but I believe I have saved myself from potential foul play. Be aware of ESL Scam Programs especially ones that ask for money upfront, a bit of research as in my case will help you to avoid dodgy programs. I believe the ESL Market is an exciting one but like anything there are always rogue elements operating. The key is for people to share ESL knowledge and experiences.

#3 Parent Xiavier Freeman - 2011-10-24
Re: ESL software scam

Your experience with the Infini - esl software is regrettable and I sympathise. I appreciate that you wished to share your feedback on this esl software scam. There are a number of esl programs available on the market and any feedback is welcome to avoid other people being scammed.

#4 Parent Yvonne - 2011-10-21
Re: ESL software scam

I would like to share my experience with the Company called Infini - esl , they sell an Englisg as a Second Language ( ESL ) Software program which is complete scam! ESL scam people out of hundreds of dollars. They promised to shares the info with me straight away as a download but when I finally received my esl softwrae programit was rubbish, it didn't work on my Apple Mac, which they said it would. Be very wary of these esl software scams, the only english you will learnt is how to return to sender! ESL SOFTWARE SCAM! Be AWARE I am out of pocket now $499!

#5 Parent Sally Bush - 2011-10-21

Hi, also don't know of any databases listing ESL scams but can share what I know about fun ESL software for teens - but also suitable for ESL learners of all ages. It's called THE ALPHABET (International Version 3) and it's aimed at students learning to read English at a very basic level, providing a strong foundation for their reading/comprehension skills. I have seen how a young Japanese man who'd never learned English previously gradually took stock of the Roman alphabet through this particular ESL program. It was amazing to share in his sure, steady progress.

Xiavier Freeman - 2011-10-20
ESL Program

I'm in Australia and have noticed when looking at ESL programs overseas that there are some ESL scams operating. Is there a database or similar of scams to look out for? Also I'm in the market for buying ESL software for teaching at a teenage level. Does anyone know any fun computer programs for this age group, or who may stock such items? Thanks :)

Return to Index › ESL Program

Go to another board -