TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › A Wonderful Chinese Agent
#1 Parent Raoul F. Duke - 2011-11-07
Re: A Wonderful Chinese Agent

I know that many of you think all Chiense agents are rip-off merchants. I suggest you revise your views.

Funny...I wonder what prompted this recent wave of pro-recruiter propaganda? ;-{)

I suggest we'll change our views if and when recruiters in China stop being rip-off merchants.
I'm not holding my breath for that happening...

#2 Parent Raoul F. Duke - 2011-11-07

I will revise my views in that not only are chinese agents rip-off merchants, they have now hired foreign weasels in cahoots to post propaganda on these boards as well!

Indeed. But I'm not entirely sure this weasel is foreign....

#3 Parent getreal - 2011-11-04

I think his (or her) post implied that the agent is a company that provides foreign teachers to its client schools/colleges/unis, whatever.
Bond, wonderful Chinese agents? Don't make me laugh - they range from totally unscrupulous to as greedy as they can be. Don't forget they are Chinese businessspeople. Get real!

#4 Parent Tilly - 2011-11-04

To my mind, an agent is being paid on an ongoing basis for providing a school with a foreign face. The school pays the agent, who in turn pays the foreign face. The foreign face's contract is with the agent, not with the school.
In contrast, a recruiter receives a single payment from a school for the foreign face he has peddled successfully. Thereafter, the school pays the foreign face direct, and the foreign face's contract is with the school, not with the agent.
If the original poster knows this difference, I'd say the agent he wrote about is also the company he mentioned. Said poster dare not name that agent, for fear of negative responses from those readers who despise Chinese agents, and indeed recruiters too!

#5 Parent beentheredonethat - 2011-11-03

Hmm. I can't help but wonder why you have not named the company or agent. Actually, too, I'm not sure if you're praising the agent, the company or both. At any rate, if you truly believe that your agent is an exception to a well established rule, I'm sure there are others besides myself who would be happy to know which company he/she works for.

#6 Parent Dragonized - 2011-11-03

I will revise my views in that not only are chinese agents rip-off merchants, they have now hired foreign weasels in cahoots to post propaganda on these boards as well!

Bond - 2011-11-03
A Wonderful Chinese Agent

With mid-term approaching fast, I thought I'd praise the agent I'm working for. The company treats its foreign teachers so well that it's continuing to expand. That's why the DOS hasn't had time to check out my teaching yet. Or maybe my teaching assistant has praised my professionalism at the blackboard to him so much on the phone that he decided not to assess me.
My company is wonderful, and I have just posted this because I know that many of you think all Chiense agents are rip-off merchants. I suggest you revise your views.

Return to Index › A Wonderful Chinese Agent

Go to another board -