TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: re: doing the midnight run again?
#1 Parent foxy - 2011-12-06
Re: re: doing the midnight run again?

It seems you've drawn the short straw re FAO's, nothing worse than having an arrogant 'Heil Hitler' type as your FAO. He's probably downtrodden at home by his Chinese wife. So he's taking out his frustrations and venting his anger on anyone at his mercy, namely laowai like you.
I think every FAO should have been abroad for a long spell first. That would help them understand how to deal with westerners, coz most FAO's here are clueless regarding that!

#2 Parent San Migs - 2011-12-05

I can agree with what you wrote about female fao's.

However, I have had equal trouble with male fao's...the hunt for an exit continues!

#3 Parent foxy - 2011-12-05

Guess you can't rely on so called chinese friends, no, we can only rely on ourselves.

The Chinese stick together like [edited] to a blanket. Pity we foreign teachers don't do likewise with one another. Too many foreign fools here are too worried about improving the Chinese education system instead of uniting with and supporting a western colleague who is being victimised unfairly! You're definitely on your own, mate!
I always make a point of befriending the FAO, even if he's an absolute jackass! It's amazing how much favorable treatment one can get by insisting on treating him and his immediate family to a restaurant meal once every payday! Chinese male FAO's are much more flexible than female FAO's are to 'benefits in kind', as one might describe freebie dinners, in my experience. If the school has a female FAO, I won't teach there.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2011-12-05

Thanks mate.

My planned "out" has been ruined. Guess you can't rely on so called chinese friends, no, we can only rely on ourselves.

So now I have to make my own moves regardless.

Thanks for the support though!

Cheers and beers
SMGS

Return to Index › Re: re: doing the midnight run again?

Go to another board -