TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Yet another CRAP job ad!
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2011-12-16
Re: Yet another CRAP job ad! Shaoyang Uni

Why didn't the Dean of English at this place catch the post before it was put up on eslcafe.com?

#2 Parent McDonald - 2011-12-15

The stupidity of an advertiser of a job ad also does reflect the amount of stupidity of those running a school or "school". Don't you think so?

Going McDonalds is stupid!!!

#3 Parent San Migs - 2011-12-15

Elaine, I am sorry, but I just do not trust FAO's anymore, and especially so in Hunan province, perhaps the most staunchly Maoist of all the Chinese provinces, along with Jiangxi, another hellhole of a place.

If you think the ad is badly written or not coherent, that is your perogative.

It gives me the impression the FAO will be crap, the uni will be crap, and the city will be crap!

Enough said!

#4 Parent Elaine - 2011-12-15

Shaoyang University is a state-run uni. Surely it can't be too bad a uni, and we shouldn't refrain from applying for a job there because of some illogical content about KFC, etc in the ad, nor should we mock the ad itself.
It's likely the ad has been composed by the uni FAO director. The ad's writer was clearly trying to make the city in which his uni is located sound attractive to foreigners. The dean of the English department will have better English, and wouldn't have written nonsense like that.

#5 Parent Dragonized - 2011-12-15
Re: Yet another CRAP job ad!

Hmm... they should have added Burger King, Herfy's, Hardy's, and Outback's steak house. Applebee's would have been nice. I would have applied if I saw those crappy chain restaurants...NOT.

Return to Index › Re: Yet another CRAP job ad!

Go to another board -