TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Contract lover
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2012-01-27
Re: Contract lover

The development of chinese society is delayed due to the inability for locals to come to terms with what they really know and what they don't in my opinion. I for one found out that it's very very hard if not impossible for the average person to take criticism. Anybody with a differing opinion not only on positive things that are discussed by locals but also on negative things that locals talk about (for example having an idea that came from a source that is not in china or from a news source that is not mainland sponsored/owned) will be stigmatized as supposedly "representing" a foreign source bent on insulting china's integrity or even conspiring to create an upheaval that is unforseen (so it must be bad).

One word of advice I would give newbies is since the country's mindset is so different, don't take what people so too seriously. If the conversation turns antagonistic just turn the tables quickly and make the locals realize that your opinion is just as unchangeable as theirs. If they resort to insulting you personally by questioning your financial accumulations, love interests and how good they are, and if you have a good family just take it that they've run out of ideas to debate with you on.

CL I do have to say you raise interesting issues. It's admirable how you've managed to stay mostly clear of the really ugly debates on this board and still garner the respect of the regulars as well as not taking too much flak from people who have different opinions from me, Turnoi, and others. Hope you continue your insightful inputs. I do believe you strive to be a true intellectual.

Return to Index › Re: Contract lover

Go to another board -