TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Contract lover
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2012-02-01
Re: Contract lover

The more things change, that more they stay the same. Too many people with wicked agendas!

#2 Parent San Migs - 2012-01-31

The chinese family would rather destroy the self interests of the child and have them conform to what the parents want rather than promoting a normal life.

That is dead right.

I had a girl (friend) recently call me on the verge of suicide and in tears, looking for a brotherly shoulder. Basically her family had ostracized her even more for the crime of not returning home for CNY, it's a shame that when a girl is independent and doesn't conform to her parents wishes she is an outcast, meanwhile her brother, the male of the family, can do no wrong. Truly sick that girls are made to feel unwanted, and like they are a burden or a mistake that happened....

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2012-01-31

The chinese family would rather destroy the self interests of the child and have them conform to what the parents want rather than promoting a normal life. There really isn't anything normal about how children are raised in china. The abuser and neglect which many go through only serves to make that society even more barren and devoid of any culture than it already is.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2012-01-29

The only reason we get invites is so there can be a white face at the wedding. You are right, to give more than 100 or 200 is a waste of money.

I would agree.

Certainly strange, they prefer to lose themselves in QQ, I blame the confucian system of not trusting anyone outside of your family circle or dan wei (and in some cases even in the dan wei!), and a general reluctance to accept or help strangers. Divide and conquer, is what goes...quite sad really, but a way for the authorities to keep order?!

Return to Index › Re: Contract lover

Go to another board -