TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Crystal bollix
#1 Parent Magister - 2012-02-02
Re: Crystal bollix

In the UK, where it has been estimated that 70% of the population call themselves Christian

If you're taking that information from the 2001 census then 70% of people in the UK who said they are religious stated their religon as Christian but only 76% of all people stated they were religious to start with. Equally other surveys from bodies like the British Humanist Association will tell you the figures are much much lower.

I agree it's going to be difficult to judge the 'real' number of Christians or any other religion in any country at anytime. I can only go on what i can see happening around me. I'm in Zhejiang at the moment but have also spent some time in Fujian. Perhaps it's these provinces proximity to the coast and in particular cities like Ningbo and Xia'men where Westerners and their religons have had a foot hold for a while that means the rise is more pronounced.

Where abouts are you?

Thanks for the Dave Allen quote. Watching clips on Youtube of him brightened my day!

I'll leave you with Bill Hicks

You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks liked He rushed it.

Return to Index › Re: Crystal bollix

Go to another board -