TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: EALING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL-DALIAN
#1 Parent San Migs - 2012-02-17
Re: EALING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL-DALIAN

What's with the "improper behavior..." thing these days?? Is this becoming a more popular excuse made by admins to discredit teachers?

I agree. This all just smacks of grovelling weasel backstabbing bitchiness to me...truly pathetic!

#2 Parent Dragonized - 2012-02-17

I presume the main poster is the teacher who was released for improper behavior to both female staff and students.

What's with the "improper behavior..." thing these days?? Is this becoming a more popular excuse made by admins to discredit teachers? I suppose if the teacher brought glory and fame to your place, you probably would "open one eye and close one eye" towards any relationships with students, eh? Whatever it is, you set the standards. I can tell you that double standards are fairly hard to respect.

#3 Parent Ealing International College - 2012-02-17

We do have over 20 F'Ts working for us teaching base ESL up to A-level/AP subjects for those who want to go to university abroad. These teachers are hard to find and we treat very well BUT of course there are always those who feel it unfair to do what they are asked... I presume the main poster is the teacher who was released for improper behavior to both female staff and students. alike. I will release details if required but unlike others I find this completely unprofessional....

#4 Parent Magister - 2012-02-16

The previous poster (myself) was mearly writing what the school itself claimed. Any "erroneous" doings are theirs.

#5 Parent Answer-Your-Question - 2012-02-14

The China British Business Council is 100% not a "branch of the British Embassy" as the previous poster so erroneously wrote.

It is a private, for-profit organization, whose sole purpose is to further the growth of British companies in and with China. Look here : http://www.cbbc.org/who_we_are/

Ealing, like so many other "schools" in China, have simply made a blatant attempt to piggy-back off the good name of CBBC.

Ealing is a start-up language training centre -- nothing more, nothing less. Let's all take a deep breath and see where they land in a year-or-two's time.

In the meantime, I would council any teacher in Dalian to avoid them for something more tried and more stable.

#6 Parent Magister - 2012-02-10

They claim to already employ 20 FTs

They also claim to have been backed by the CBBC (China British Business Council), a branch of the British Embassy. So you could always call their Beijing office to check their credentials

#7 Parent Answer-Your-Question - 2012-02-09

This is a relatively new school in the Dalian area. It is a mixture between a language training centre and a private school to a certain degree. It is so recent in Liaoning that I am even surprised that they have an authorization to hire foreign teachers -- usually a 2 -3 year minimum wait is required before the FEB's of the province will approve. As with anything new, there is always a great risk.

Return to Index › Re: EALING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL-DALIAN

Go to another board -